Monday, December 24, 2007

Would Marimar stay number 1?

Marimar is today's highest rating primetime program in the country. Our pinoy version of the well loved series which was first played by Latin superstar Thalia even surpassed the ratings of the original version. I'm a certified Marimar fanatic, every night I stay up late just to watch the show and I anticipate every heart pounding seen.

But recently I'm not too impressed with the latest development in the show. This past week, Marimar found out that she has a step sister, and guess who? her mortal enemy Angelica. This atory line is very far different from the original version.

I was never able to watch the original Marimar but thru some research I discovered many difference in the story, at first it's just ok cause I understand GMA's effort to make the show beautiful. But that was too much. I heard some viewers complaining and they said that they don't like to watch it anymore cause GMA mocked Marimar. And just recently, I heard that Marimar is extended upto march. So it makes me think what would the staff do just to prolonged the series? Will they change the entire story just to make the series run longer?


I'm not quashing the show, I'm just concerned about the outcome of the latest developments. I love the series so I want it to stay on top until the end. So I'm calling the attention of the GMA creative crew, please improve the story, so that the show will maintain it's current status a number 1.

2 comments: