Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dingdong Dantes Reacts on COMELEC's Fair Elections Act

Matinee Idol Dingdong Dantes reacted on the COMELEC's Fair Elections Act which is ordering artists who endorses candidates for the 2010 National Elections to take a leave or resign from their respective TV programs. Dindong Dantes endorses Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino as his presidential bet.

-Dingdong Dantes-
"The Comelec rule prevents artists from participating responsibly in a very important political exercise. It even deprives some artists the chance to earn extra income only because they are working in a candidate's campaign.

"Worst, it forces many artists like me who are volunteering for Kuya Noynoy Aquino for free, to choose between making a decent living and making a difference in a supposedly democratic exercise. I appeal to the sense of reason of the Comelec and Supreme Court to clarify the present issue and what I perceive as a flaw in the law.

"I request legal luminaries to guide and support us on this important issue. Most of all, I call on my friends and fellow workers in the industry to make our common stand."
Read More From PEP

I'm not surprise if the stars involve would react to this issue, is it wrong to take a stand for what you believe?

1 comment:

  1. I think there will be a very close fight between Manny Villar and Noynoy Aquino this coming May 2010 elections. I'm voting for Noynoy by the way.. =)

    ReplyDelete