Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Arnel Pineda Apologizes to the National Historic Institute

Journey lead singer Arnel Pineda apologizes to the National Historic Institute his improper singing of the "Lupang Hinirang" during the Manny Pacquiao and Joshua Clottey fight in the Cowboy Stadium in Dallas Texas.

MANILA, Philippines—Arnel Pineda didn’t think twice about apologizing because he was already expecting people to complain.

The Filipino lead vocalist of the rock band Journey, who has come under fire for incorrectly singing the national anthem at the Manny Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey fight on March 14, said he knew he would be criticized for his version.
via Inquirer.net

Journey frontman Arnel Pineda apologized to the National Historical Institute (NHI) for his "dissatisfactory performance" of the Philippine National Anthem at the recent match between Manny Pacquiao and Joshua Clottey.

"I apologize for my dissatisfactory performance dun sa fight ni Pacquiao and Clottey sa Dallas, Texas, according to their standards," he said in an ABS-CBN News interview.

via Yahoo News Philippines

In an interview with ABS-CBN News today, March 16, Pineda said: "I apologize for my dissatisfactory performance dun sa fight ni Pacquiao and Clottey sa Dallas, Texas, according to their standards. What can I do? I'm just doing my job... but then again hindi ako sorry kasi artistic freedom ko 'yon. It doesn't make me less of a Filipino dahil sa nabago ang pagkakanta."

via Philippine Entertainment Portal

Sa interview ng abs-cbnNEWS.com nag-apologize si Arnel : “I apologize for my dissatisfactory performance sa fight ni Pacquiao and Clottey sa Dallas, Texas, according to their standards. What can I do? I’m just doing my job. But then again, hindi ako sorry kasi artistic freedom ko yun. It doesn’t make me less of a Filipino dahil sa nabago ang pagkakanta.
via Philstar

No comments:

Post a Comment