Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jessica Sanchez is a Stand Out in American Idol Season 11

I haven't been able to tune in consistently to American Idol 11 since it started because I think last season was a lackluster. And this year I do not know the names of all the contestants and I've missed some of their performance. But on contestant among the finalists caught my attention, and that's none other than Jessica Sanchez who is a Filipino descendant.

There are a lot of contestants with Filipino blood before Jessica Sanchez tried their luck on American Idol and have manage to went through the finals and somehow became crowd favorites, Jasmine Trias, Ramiel Malubay and last year's Thia Megia. But among all of them, I think Jessica is the most stand out because she is so consistent in her performance. She also has a powerful voice and a great performer, her last week's rendition of  Whitney Houston's "How Will I know" and her duet with co-AI finalist Joshua Ledet was a stand out it was almost like watching the Finale.

Jessica Sanchez is so far one of the judges and crowd favorite. And of course, Filipinos all over the world wants to show their support to this very talented girl, but unfortunately we cannot vote for her unless we are live in the U.S. so we juast have to watch and follow Jessica's Idol journey.