Sunday, January 4, 2015

5 Reasons Why Image Comics is My Favorite Comic Book Publisher

Image Comics has become my favorite publisher since I started my Comic Book collection last year, so far I'm following four series from them, Spawn, Rasputin, Wytches and Rumble. Of course, when we speak of comic books two big names of publishers pops out in our mind, Marvel and DC. But there are reasons why Image Comics is gaining popularity from readers, collectors and critics and reasons why those who haven't added Image Comics in their collection should now rush to the nearest Comic Book store and grab one title now.


Here are five reasons why Image Comics is my favorite Comic Book publisher:

Fresh series every month-every month-Image Comics offers brand new titles from their line up of talented comic book writers and artists. You'll never run out of selections. I myself sometimes couldn't decide what to buy because all the titles got attractive covers and the story previews are interesting.

The titles are creator owned-In Marvel and DC comics, the titles, characters, and rights are owned by the publisher. The big two hires and pays writers and artists to work for them which sometimes create limitations because the creators should make a new story but still has to preserve the original characters.While in Image Comics, the creators owned the series and can do whatever they want with the characters making it more flexible and honest. This is the reason why most of the creators from Image Comics also works for Marvel and DC. This is their way of introducing their own creation and genre.

Always earns positive reviews-Image Comics series alway gains nods from ordinary readers and high profiles critics. And why not, each title contains awesome stories and remarkable graphics Reading those reviews are my guide in choosing what title to pick.

Awesome Story telling-I do not say that Marvel and DC's story telling aren't good, but in my opinion, readers and collectors will grab a copy of Superman and X-men because they are icons and it's cool to have them in your collections, but Image Comics readers are hooked to their titles because the stories thrilling and compelling that you wouldn't wanna miss an issue.

Image Comics is the home of Spawn-and lastly, it sounds a bit bias but I won't deny. Spawn by Todd McFarlene is my favorite comic book superhero. When I first thought of collecting comic books, I decided to focus on one character, and that is Spawn and since then, I got attracted from other Image Comics series. And It's now getting more exited because at Spawn #250, the original protagonist  Al Simons who wore the Spawn costume will return as a preparation for a series reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment