Sunday, July 20, 2008

Correction

I would like to make some corrections about the facts and figures which I have posted on my article Pinoy Idol vs. Pinoy Dream Academy.

I received a comment from someone which I guess a big Pinoy Dream Academy fan, and she corrected what I have written and said that Ryan Agoncillo never hosted Pinoy Dream Academy. And she was right, Ryan Agoncillo never hosted Pinoy Dream Academy in it's first season, it was Toni Gonzaga, Nikki Gil and Sam Milby, my memories might have got mixed up. Because earlier before Pinoy Dream Academy Season 2 started airing, it was rumored that Ryan Agoncillo will host the contest but he was replaced by Billy Crawford.

I would like to apologize for that one. But about what I have written that the First Season of PDA was quashed because of low ratings, it's true, I have read a lot of write ups before that PDA suffered from low ratings and some even said that ABS-CBN spend too much money for the show but it's not worth it because no advertisers are coming in. But that quashing happened when PDA was just starting, the show finally gained popularity and interest from the viewers when it's first winner Yeng Constantino released her hit single "Hawak Kamay" which made her popular even though she has not yet won the contest, and I guess that song became her advantage to winning the PDA Season 1. And comparing to Philippine Idol before, PDA Season 1 is indeed a top rater.

PDA can now be considered a Star Maker, because it's first winner Yeng Constantino is now a multi-platinum selling Recording star, unlike Philippine Idol before the winner is no show. And compare it to the winners of GMA 7's "Pinoy Pop Superstar" it's winners might have released an Album but those did not became quite a hit.

Now we have to watch out for both Pinoy Idol and Pinoy Dream Academy, which talent search will produce the future hit makers?

No comments:

Post a Comment