Sunday, February 28, 2010

American Idol 9 Recap: Top 12 Girls Performance

I have the here transcribed recap of the American Idol 9 Top 12 Girls performance, this is American Idol's first live episode for this season. The girls took the center stage, let's take a recap and see who stepped up and who did not?

Paige Miles - "Alright Now"(Free) - Simon said "I Think you have the best voice"..."I would'nt have chosen that song", and called it a wedding singer kind of song. But the other judges Randy, Ellen and Kara thought it was a great performance.

Ashley Rodriguez - "Happy" (Leona Lewis) - Kara said "Big song...nice moments...you hit those notes...but there were moments that were'nt great...I want you to take on diffrent songs" Randy and Ellen thought it was'nt original and Ellen thought that Ashley should take a risk. Simon said "I thought it was clumsy...I think you're going backwards.

Janell Wheeler - "What About Love" (Heart) - Randy did'nt liked the song choice, but Ellen did. Simon said that Janell gave it a 100% effort but delivered 65%. Kara thought that the song was too big for Janell.

Lilly Scott - "Fixin' A Hole" (The Beatles) - All four judges liked her performance. Randy says, “I love that you’re a real indie artist…you don’t care what people think…it’s not affected…love the honesty.”

Katelyn Epperly - "I Want To Hold Your Hands" (The Beatles) - Simon says, “I thought it was verging on terrible. You were like a windup doll that never stopped shining. A complete and utter mess.”

Lacey Brown - "Landslide" (Fleetwood Mac) - Randy said "I just don't think it's the right song for you". I think you're better than that" says Ellen. Simon said "I actually thought it's quite depressing...indulgent...you'r e trying to work out who you are...it's boring". Kara said "I do hope that America gives you just one more shot.

Michelle Delamor - Fallin' (Alicia Keys) - Ellen said "it seemed so easy for you... I know you can do better than that". Simon said "it sounded as close as the original but not as good as the original...". Kara said "become more unique". Randy said "take a risk... show me something you have'nt shown me yet".

Didi Benami - "The way I am" (Ingrid Michaelson) - Simon said "I'm missing a spark here". Kara said "The song is good...you at last made changes to the original recording". Randy said "where is the star factor?" Ellen said "I felt like it was a little low-key but you're great".

Siobhan Magnus - "Wicked Game" (Chris Isaak) - Kara said "I can feel the connection and that's what sets you apart from everybody else here tonight". Randy said "That's the girl that I personally really really like". Ellen said "I love it and I thought for a moment that were not on a singing competition". Simon said "you really are a funny little thing are'nt you?...I did'nt think it was any near at a Stevie Wonder song you sang during the Hollywood rounds...It's a very dark song...blowing glass would make you dark".

Crystal Bowersox - "Hand in My Pocket" (Alanis Morisette) - Randy said "You're really one of my favorite tonight for a bunch of reason...I'm just not sure if this is the right song for you...I like that you're gonna do your game no matter what we're doing, what you're wearing, no matter what's going on...I'm a fan". Ellen said "I fell like I'm a fan of yours". Simon said "there are thousands of you doing this out of frustration everyday and at the moment...you've got to do something that's you not trying to sound like somebody else." Kara said "do not be just a coffeehouse performer...breathe out...fullfill the stage".

Katie Stevens - "Felling Good" (Michael Buble) - Ellen said "I wanna see you be 17...I wanna see you play and be current and be fresh...I just felt it was a little old for you" Simon said "It was like you're mom and dad dressed you and given you the song for this competition...You're 17 years old and has a good voice...you just got to become a young recording artist and not somebody whose gonna sing at you're mom's birthday party. Kara said "I think you could'nt hear yourself because I never heard you sound so pitchy...Ihope that America gives you another chance. And Randy finally "it was too old for you...you can be 17 only once.

No comments:

Post a Comment