Friday, February 4, 2011

Angel Locsin is Set to Top-Bill a New MMK Movie

 Angel Locsin is set to top-bill a new "Maalaala Mo Kaya"(MMK) movie. This project is in line with the 20th anniversary of "Maalala Mo Kaya", the longest running drama anthology in the Philippines. And reports also confirmed that Bea Alonzo will also be in the new MMK movie.



There was a first MMK movie which was seen on the big screen back in 1994. Richard Gomez, Aiko Melendez and Chin Chin Gutierrez top-billed that first MMK movie spin-off, But I don't quite remember it actually, because I am not such a huge fan of MMK.

But there is one MMK episode that I would never forget, that is the one which was portrayed by Jolina Magdangal when she was still in ABS-CBN and she was at the peak of her career as a teen star, I believe that was in 1998 or '99. In that particular MMK episode, Jolina character was always singing "Paper Roses", and her father portrayed by the late Ray Ventura was playing the guitar. And there was that funny and memorable scene when Ray Ventura hit Gina Pareno in the head with a guitar when they had a feud.

And what is that got to do with Angel Locsin top-billing the new MMK movie? Nothing at all, it's MMK's 20th anniversary so I'm just sharing and reminiscing my favorite episode. But going back to Angel Locsin, I can bet that she would showcase all her acting ability in this movie (Dahil Aktingan ito). And speaking of Angel, her top-rating primetime series "Imortal" made it to a Season 2 which just means that televiewers continues to support and patronized the said TV series.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Limferdi. I very much remember that episode too. It is the most tearjerking Maalaala mo Kaya episode I have ever seen. Paper Roses is my Mom's favorite song. And my Dad, by the way, gets mean whe he's drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad too, that's why I will never forget that episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad too, that's why I will never forget that episode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Limferdi. I very much remember that episode too. It is the most tearjerking Maalaala mo Kaya episode I have ever seen. Paper Roses is my Mom's favorite song. And my Dad, by the way, gets mean whe he's drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. deserving si angel para sa mmk movie sna matuloy. tnx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope angel locsin will do movie again w/ abs cbn specially mmk the movie

    ReplyDelete