Sunday, February 13, 2011

"My Valentine Girls" Earns P135 Million in Just 3 Days?

"My Valentine Girls" earned a whopping P135 Million in it's first 3 days of showing making it the all time biggest 3 day gross for a Tagalog or even a Foreign film shown in the country. This is according to the reports by Ric Camaligan of the National Cinema Association of the Philippines via the Philippine Entertainment Portal's Scoopbox.

Ric Camaligan's Statement:

“It has been a record-breaking 2011 start for GMA Films and Regal Entertainment. My Valentinte Girls’s total gross for the 1st 3 days reached an all-time high of P135 million – the biggest 3 day gross for a Tagalog/Foreign film, breaking all box office records.” 


During the past few days, I was searching the web about the first day box-office gross of "My Valentine Girls", and now that I found it I was kinda shocked and thrilled. Of course, knowing the star power of Richard Gutierrez as GMA's Valentine Box-office King, no doubt that this latest Valentine movie offering from GMA Films and Regal Films will rake the box-office, but P135 Million in just 3 days was above the expectations. A tagalog film normally hits the P100 Million mark after 3 to 4 weeks of being shown in the theaters, even during the Metro Manila Film Festival when it's Christmas and people got a lot of money. But for this movie to accomplish such a record breaker is such a huge upset, and if this reports are true and accurate, we could be expecting the "My Valentine Girls" might hit the P200 Million mark in just one week. In fact I find the showing date of this film a bit uncertain because it premiered during the mid-week and not during the week ends or the Valentines Day February 14 itself. But since it happened "My Valentine Girls" could earn up it's highest potential gross because it's week end and the dating couples could spend more time watching the movie. Specially on February 14 where couples would absolutely wants "My Valentine Girls" to be their date movie.


And for the record, which episode of "My Valentine Girls" you think brought the most "kilig" to the moviegoers. I think that the best one is the "Gunaw" episode starring Richard Gutierrez and Eugene Domingo as his leading lady for the first time ever. I'm not sure whether people with agree about their "kilig factor" but I just find the story so interesting. In this particular episode, it was the aftermath of the Armageddon. The world has ended and only one man survived which was portrayed by Richard Gutierrez, but this guy doesn't believe that there are no other survivors aside from him so he searched for other survivor from the cataclysm and he finds Eugene Domingo, and thats where their comedic and romantic story began. And the "Gunaw" episode of "My Valentine Girls" is a complete package, comedy, science fiction, action and of course romance. And I also finds the story so unique from all the Valentine movies shown in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment