Thursday, June 7, 2012

4 Reasons Why GMA-7's "My Beloved" Is A Flop

My Beloved Poster
GMA-7' "My Beloved" starring Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes is down to it's final two days. The Kapuso Network has a special subtitle for it's ending called "A Love Fulfilled". And to be honest, since "My Beloved" premiered last February 13, 2012, it has been a lackluster and wasn't able to bring back the DongYan love team to mainstream. It's ratings might be doing okay but not really well.

I have listed 4 reasons why "My Beloved" is a flop and here they goes:

1. Inconsistent story lines. "My Beloved" was supposed to be the story of a forbidden love between an Angel of death and a mortal, but as the story progresses, there were no more angels involved, it's just about to mortals who loved each other but got separated and when they found each other once again, both of them were already committed through marriage but they love each other so much that they would do everything even if that means breaking the bond of marriage. I don't think there is something extraordinary about that situations, that's called adultery and it happens everywhere. That's the reason why the soap got an SPG Rating from the MTRCB which is no.2 reason why it's a flop.

2.The SPG Rating from MTRCB. Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes were also popular among young audience but when "My Beloved" got an SPG Rating from the MTRCB, I think this time they were for adults only.

3. The Katrina Halili vs. Marian Rivera gimmick didn't work. One of the key success of Marian and Dingdong's first primetime soap together "Marimar" was the intense TV rivalry of Marian Rivera and Katrina Halili. It got to a point that this rivalry went personal and turn into a professional feud between the two actresses. GMA-7 made an attempt to renew that rivalry by bringing them together again in "My Beloved". The Kapuso Network will surely deny it but I think they were also behind the word wars that happened between Marian and Katrina as "My Beloved" was doing it's run, but unfortunately for them, it didn't worked.

4. The DongYan love team lost it's magic. Unfortunately for Marian and Dingdong's love team, it's no longer working. How would the audience experience some "kilig" when everybody knows that they are real life couples. That's how a love team works., making the people wander if they are couples in real life. And to honest, except "Marimar" and "Dyesebel", all other DongYan starer primetime drama were flops "Ang Babaeng Hinugot sa Aking Tadyang", "Endless Love" and now "My Beloved". I think that GMA-7 should just stick in separating the two.

4 comments:

  1. i love dongyan still the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha pati ang nag comment isa lang??? flop din? maka comment nga...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still Dongyan forever.. haters back off! :P :D

    ReplyDelete