Wednesday, June 6, 2012

7 Things I Learned From The Premiere of GMA-7's "Makapiling Kang Muli"

Makapiling Kang Muli Poster
GMA-7's newest Primetime Soap "Makapiling Kang Muli" starring Richard Gutierrez has just made it's grand TV premiere. I made sure that I watch it's pilot episode from start to finish and see what the new GMA-7 soap has to offer. And by watching it's pilot episode, I have learned 7 things from "Makapiling Kang Muli".

Here are the 7 things I learned about GMA-7's newest soap "Makapiling Kang Muli":

1.Richard Gutierrez is still GMA-7's top action hero. "Makapiling Kang Muli" started with a jail break sequence, during this sequences, Richard Gutierrez did some fight sequences which he was accustomed with all throughout his career, the only difference is this time, he is a mortal, no super powers, no over decorated costume and no aerial moves. I also liked the motorcycle riding stuff, it's cool.

2. I assume that the entire story line of "Makapiling Kang Muli" will be all about evil hacienderos who will inflict a reign of terror to the heroes. We can expect to see a lot of killings, shootings and torture scenes just like what we've witnessed in episode 1. Veteran actress Gloria Romero, Mark Gil, and Mark Anthony Fernandez are the antagonists who will do everything to put pain to the heroes. The writers should just be careful not to get an SPG Rating from the MTRCB just like "My Beloved".

3. The Kapuso writers loves putting flashback sequences on their soaps. Almost all the GMA Telebabad starts with flashback sequences. They love to explain to the viewers how everything started 20 or 30 years ago. But on my personal thoughts, GMA-7 uses the flashback episodes to utilize their stagnant stars who are waiting for their next project.

4. James Blanco is still in showbiz! I was surprised to see James Blanco in "Makapiling Kang Muli" as a part of a flashback. I thought he had retired from showbiz, last time I saw him was in the GMA Telebabad soap "Beauty Queen" as a part of the flashback sequences also, is that a coincidence?

5. GMA-7 still loves a rich girl-poor boy love story. GMA-7 just couldn't get rid of this type of love story where the girl is rich and the boy is poor which always leads to a tragic love story. Jennylyn Mercado portrays the role of the young Rio Locsin who came from a very rich family. She fell in love with James Blanco's character who portrays the role of a poor servant of Jennylyn's family, and of course her family doesn't want a poor guy for their girl.

6. Jennylyn Mercado is back! It's been so long since we last saw Jennylyn Mercado on a GMA Telebabad show. Although she will be doing special participation role on "Makapiling Kang Muli", I think that she will have a new soap later this year and I heard that she will be working with Sid Lucero.

7. "Makapiling Kang Muli" is a Kapuso primetime soap to watch for. I don't know if it's just me, but I thought that this new Richard Gutierrez starer is a show to watch for. I find it exciting and interesting, however, the writers should make sure the story doesn't go out of the flow just like the other GMA soaps which was good at the start but became so complicated at the end to the point that the viewers lost interests in watching.





1 comment:

  1. Richard's acting still sucks, I hope GMA really made the right decission to have him in a heavy drama otherwise we might see him again in his cape or wings whatever and battle CGIs.

    ReplyDelete