Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday All Stars Reformat, From Worse To Worst?

Hi! I'm finally back. It's been a long long time since I had this blog updated. I got lost from the world of showbiz for quite a while. But now I'm back once again and I hope this is for good.



Overnight I was thinking what would my comeback post be all about and I got my attention on GMA-7's Sunday Noontime show Sunday All Stars which had a reformat just last week.

Just to have little refresh, Sunday All Stars replaced Party Pilipinas, insted of a traditional Sunday musical show, SAS adopted the format of the popular 90's show That's Entertainment. The cast were divided into four groups, Instagang, Tropang Trending, Tweet Hearts, and Ligang I Like.

Each group were assigned with leaders and every week they have compete with each other with their production numbers. Each group's performance will be judged by a panel consisting of Janno Gibbs, Jaya, Regine Velasquez-Alcasid and a guest judge. Text votes will be added to judges' scores to determine a winner. Aside from the winning group, the judges will also choose a best solo performer.

But as I have mentioned, Sunday All Stars had a reformat last week for some reasons only the creatives know. Instead of for groups battling out, they chopped it into two teams and the showdown of stars is just now a segment called Versus. And it is also noticeable that GMA-7 also cut  SAS' airtime to an hour and a half compared to the previous two and a half hour, the show starts at 1pm rather than the usual 12pm time slot, probably because the creative is having a hard time conceptualizing production numbers.

I like it that SAS had a reformat, the casts will have a chance to have more exposures and stand out individually with different segments rather than putting them in a group where they only have a chance to shine for 3 minutes or less. And to be honest, the prod numbers that each groups came up every week is like a presentation from a high school field day demontration. I'm talking about Aljur, Alden, and Louise's performance which never cease to look awkward all the time.

Much have been said but the reformat still doesn't seem promising, the prod numbers still lacks appeal and the segments still needs to become more lively. I've been waiting for a Sunday All Stars reformat, and now that it happened, I was thinking that things have gotten from worse to worst. Or I could be wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment