Sunday, June 22, 2014

4 Things I Observed in Watching Marian

Marian Rivera's first ever dance show "Marian" finally made it's television debut. The concept of the show is a mix of a dance variety show and a talk show. It's so 1990s and reminds me much of  other defunct variety shows like "Vilma" and "Sharon" which also has the same concept, and I wont wonder why they named the show "Marian".


While watching the first episode of "Marian" I observed carefully, and after watching I came up with this few things which I think will be a factor for the future of the show.

1. Marian Rivera knows only three dance moves - a dance variety show should feature a lot of dance moves, and groundbreaking performance, and in the department, Marian Rivera seems offbeat. GMA-7 calls her the queen of the dance floor but only knows a few dance moves. The single-single, double-double, sabay sabay tayo and her trademark Marimar dance, in every performance she makes expect to see those moves to pop out at one point. Even her version of teach me how to dougy had a Marimar flavor. Are we expectting to see those moves week after week.

2. Marian Rivera's hosting skill haven't improved - everytime Marian starts to speak with the mic and read the teleprompter, it's always awkward, her pronounciation is like a tonque twister, she gets excited all the time and suddenly starts to scream and laugh so loud. During her interview with her first guests Batangas Gov. Vilma Santos-Recto and Maricel Soriano, I didn't understand any damn thing, all they did was laugh and what supposed to be an interview turned into a casual chat.

3. The show started and ended too soon -maybe the show just need to have more airtime for production numbers, the pilot episode contained just two prodnum. So far Marian's co-host Julie Anne San Jose is still yet to appear, maybe that will put more emphasis on the production number.

4. Where is Julie Anne San Jose? - When I heard that Julie will be Marian's co-host and that she will have her own segment on the show, I said to myself, "Im gonna watch Julie, not Marian". That's why I'm kinda dissapointed that Julie was not in the premiere episode.

So far, "Marian" pilot episode wasn't so bad but not good enough. I failed to begin with a bang, it was a bit boring and all over the place. The Idea of putting a dance variety show in the evening slot is brilliant specially during this times when the soap operas featuring a "kabit" story is becoming bloat. But there is some needs for improvement to make the show runs smooth and fkuid.

No comments:

Post a Comment