Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Jaclyn Jose Wins Best Actress in Cannes Film Festival 2016

Veteran actress Jaclyn Jose won the Best Actress Award in this year's Cannes Film Festival for her performace in Brillante Mendoza's film "Ma' Rosa". Jaclyn Jose is the first filipino artist to win an acting awards and also the first in Southeast Asia.

"I’m at a loss for words! I am so surprised and moved. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the Jury members. I thank the director Brillante Mendoza, whose instructions I simply followed,"


Jaclyn Jose have beaten high caliber actresses including Hollywood stars Charlize Theron, Kristen Stewart, French actresses Isabelle Hupert and Marion Cotillard.

"Ma' Rosa" is a film that tackles drugs, poverty and corruption and how a mother was forced to sell drugs in order to survive poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment