Monday, July 9, 2012

Party Pilipinas 80s Rocks!

Party Pilipinas took us back to the 80s last Sunday, and I thought it's just another lazy presentation from the creative crew but I guess I spoke too soon. It's one of the best Party Pilipinas episode yet. When we speak of the 80s we know we're gonna here Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Boy George, and Cindy Lauper and that's not what I'm looking for because those acts were done a million times. I want to hear more of the 80s rock side and they did. It was a great show, and I enjoyed it a lot.


The VOX segment featured Michael Jackson songs and surprisingly they did not do Michael Jackson's 80s hits like Thriller or Beat It. They sang Michael Jackson's hits from the 70s and 90s, not relevant to theme if you think but Michael Jackson became a phenomenon during the 80s and that makes the segment relevant to the theme. Jaya once again murdered a song, yes you got the voice and you can hit the high note but no need to do that, It's like showing insecurity to the younger divas. I really love Krizza's voice, it's so smooth and clean she can hit the high note but she doesn't over sing like what Jaya is doing each and every week.

Sayaw Pilipinas was great but I think it was over too soon. When the segment ended I was like saying "yun na ba yun? parang bitin" because I was expecting for more"

Keso Boys sang the hits of the Puerto Rican Boy Band Menudo. I enjoyed it but I think they slip in the end when they sang "Explosion", I've seen how Menudo performed this song when I was a little boy, it was very energetic but the Keso Boys did not showed so much of that energy. I don't know if it's just me bu I see some resemblance in the hairstyles of Menudo and the U.K. boy band One Direction.

Aegis song. The Aegis became popular during the late 90s, I don't understand why it was included in the performance. And once again Jaya murdered a song with her overacting birit.

80s most popular love team Janno Gibbs and Manilyn Reynes sang their signature duet 80s with the new generation og GMA love teams. I'm a fan of the Janno and Mani love team, it's nice to reminisce those days.

Dingdong Dantes, Kris Laurence, Mark Bautista, Dennis Trillo and other PP boys sang the best rock song of the 80s. This is what I was looking for, hits from Tears for Fears and Spandau Ballet. Dennis Trillo sang Spandau Ballet's signature song "Gold" and remarkably hit the right notes.

Jake Vargas celebrated his birthday. It's Jake's birthday and it should be his moment but why is Nomer and Arkin are on side.

Julie Anne San Jose's music video "I'll Be There" premiered. I'm already having LSS with this song.

Jay-r, Kris Laurence, and Mark Bautista sang Wham's hit "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" and an 80s tribute show will not be completed without Boy George's signature song "Karma Chameleon" which was performed by Down to Mars, I love their rendition.

Party Pilipinas 80s was a great show, they kinda slipped at some point and I mean slipped literally like what happened to Jolina Magdangal during the rehearsals but it was one of the best Party Pilipinas and this is what I crave for the show, all out and groundbreaking performance, great job guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment